Thursday, August 13, 2009

What's New !?










First of all, mad respect to everyone who downloaded NEVER SLEEP. In just 5 weeks, the total number of downloads is over 2500! Special thanks to Mr. Grim, Jwho, Semantik from Crate Kings, Mute Beat, Rock the Dub, Global Grind, Hip Hop Lead, Lee (repshowhost) and all the other blogsites/people who helped spread word. Big up to Junclassic for lacing the final two tracks on the LP. If you haven't heard the album yet, you can still download it for free here.

Things have been quiet on this page, but I've been keeping busy on the MPC since the release of NEVER SLEEP. I picked up over 100 new records already this month (including the sexy red & white ones in the pics) & have been putting them to good use. I also received a Sitar as a gift and am learning how to play it. I've been playing a lot of guitar recently as well & have even made some new beats with no samples.

Expect a few exciting things to happen in the near future. I'm currently working on my first full length album with an emcee. I'm not gonna name names yet, but those of you who know me already know who it is. For those of you who don't, trust that it's gonna be a dope project! Really trying to push the boundaries of hip hop on this one, both sonically & lyrically. The plan is to have the group release in 2010 so stay tuned for more info as things develop!

I'm also going to be working with a new friend on an instrumental for a mixtape project inspired by the television show "The Wire." I'll post it when it comes to fruition. Another interview is also in progress & will be posted when completed. If you missed the last one, you can check it out here.

Last but not least, a new instrumental I've created is set to be on an upcoming show/podcast for XM radio! More details about this project at the end of the month. And of course, as always, you can hear the latest material I've been working on here.

Thanks again to everyone who supports! I've been getting all of your emails & messages on myspace. It means a lot to me.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment